Festive Ginger Cake
This recipe features in the 'To the Chef Collection', a feast of tasty seasonal recipes brought to you by Caple. Available to buy online here
- Grease and linetwo 15cm × 10cm [about 8.5cm deep] cake tins and set aside.
- Gently melt the butter,treacle and syrup and stir to combine.
- Place in the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attached. Sieve the flour, brown sugar, mixed spice, ginger and sodium bicarbonate together and gradually add to the syrup mix until well combined.
- Add the milk and then the egg.
- Divide the mix between the cake tins and bake for approximately one hour or until
a wooden skewer comes out of the cake clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then remove from the tins and wrap neatly in cling film.
- Serve with a beautifully made cup of your favourite tea.