Pimms Iced Rockets
115g Strawberry puree
½ Lemon [juice]
½ Lemon [rind]
25g Root ringer
Pinch Vitamin C powder or 1 tsp Lemon juice
50 ml Hendricks Gin
Pimms Iced Rocket Lollies
- For layer 1, warm all ingredients together until the sugar dissolves.
- For layer 2, bring the water, sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and ginger to the boil.
- Add the Pimms after this mixture has cooled.
- For layer 3,blend the cucumber and pass through a sieve, keep the juice. Add the lemon juice and sugar. Finally, add the gin.
- Start filling the lolly moulds with the strawberry purée, fill the moulds up by ¼ and freeze for an hour. The purée needs to be well frozen or it will bleed into the next layer.
- Then fill the next two quartersof the mould with the Pimms mixture; place in the freezer and after 45 minutes remove and insert an ice lolly stick [kebab sticks also work well].
- Push the stick so it just goes into the strawberry layer, place back in the freezer.
- Once frozen,fill the remaining ¼ with the cucumber mixture and freeze.
- Remove the lollies from the moulds, hold them by the stick and dip them into a tub of warm water [not hot] for a couple of seconds. You should then be able to easily remove the mould from the ice lolly.